WEB PAGE DESIGN
Designing webpages for affiliate marketing generally has a lot to do with SEO.
Because, when marketers choose affiliate marketing as their entry point, it often has a lot to do with the ease and low cost of beginning to affiliate market.
And since cost is a factor, there probably isn’t a whole lot of change lying around to spend on paid marketing either.
I would recommend that you read our FREE TRAFFIC module and design your page using our on page SEO recommendations. This will help you not to do anything that might hurt your rankings in the top search engines.
With that said, let’s talk about a few things that you want your affiliate web page(s) to be able to do for you.
Solving a problem is one of the easiest ways to see if an affiliate page is dialed in or not. Are you solving a problem or presenting a solution for some type of situation that your visitors are experiencing?
If not, then you need to be able to explain what it is exactly that your website is doing.
Too often I see pages put up that do something we call, “stating the obvious”. What I mean by that is the page or affiliate page that people put up does absolutely nothing. Any person visiting this type of page would be better off visiting the manufacturer’s page.
Because they aren’t really doing anything more than just grabbing the bullet points and embedding a video from the manufacture. We often see people doing this with the NicheBuilder application.
You have to add value.
What is it that your webpage does or tells that the user cannot find anywhere else? Have you created a video that shows step-by-step how to use an application?
Are you offering any type of bonus for purchasing through your link?
Do you offer live chat to answer questions about the product you are recommending? Tip* this is a great strategy. It also helps you learn more about the product and tells you exactly which FAQ’s to add to your website.
Above the fold is where you want your first call to action. What “above the fold” means is it is in the first visible screen when a new visitor lands on your page. Less than 10% of your visitors will ever scroll your page. So why not at least give the other 90% a chance to see your offer.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization refers generally to how well your websites are positioned within the major search engines such as Yahoo, Google and Bing. In 2013, things have changed quite a bit. During 2012, there were two major updates, done by Google, which changed the face of SEO forever.
The two updates that I’m referring to where the Panda and Penguin updates. The goal of these updates was to eliminate any sites that were considered to have a low quality score.
The new ranking parameters within Google became known as your website’s Panda score. Now, I will preface this with telling you that I do not work for Google and we do not have any insider at Google (at least none that we’d admit to)… but here is a simple equation that you can use to help determine your panda score at Google.
Panda Score =
Google’s mantra from the very beginning has been to provide the very best user experience for it’s users. Up until 2012, many, many sites were able to rank based on the results by volume approach. Meaning, they could throw so many backlinks and so many pages of content at Google, that their algorithms had no choice but to rank them.
So let’s take a look at what people were doing, so you don’t make the same mistakes.
In the past, people were able to build several small HTML (basic) websites that were targeted toward low competition, medium search volume terms. And that plan still works, except it has changed quite a bit.
For years and years, people were able to game the Google by creating massive amounts of pages, massive amounts of back links, and having each page relevant to a specific keyword.
So you might get to a site and find that all of the pages had the same root keyword buried inside of them.
For instance, let’s say you got to a site that was about ceiling fans… and every page on that site look something like this:
Ceiling Fan Uses
Buy Ceiling Fan
Buy Ceiling Fans
Outdoor Ceiling Fans
Indoor Ceiling Fans
Ceiling Fan Uses
Each page of that site might have content on it, but the big question in Google’s mind is, “How much value does this site provide the user?” Is the content that’s included there aimed around actually helping the user? Or are they focused around getting rankings in the search engine?
A better way to approach the subject of ceiling fans would be to name your pages in title format that actually ask a question or make a statement to the user.
10 Reasons Why You Need A Ceiling Fan
Ceiling Fans For Your Home Or Office
How To Use Ceiling Fans To Lower Your Electricity Bill
Where To Find The Best Prices On Ceiling Fans
The Best Ceiling Fans For Outdoor Use
The Best Ceiling Fans For Indoor Use