Based on “Forbes 5 Reasons Why Businesses Fail”, I offer 5 tips to help put you on the right track. Affiliate marketing is a business and many people forget that only to focus on making money and miss the basics. Often this means they end up doing loads of courses instead of just going back to tried and proven basics of building a business.
1) Not in Touch with the Customer. Here is a Template for the Avatar –
Creating an avatar or “one person” is essential in your understanding of why the person buys stuff. Demographics and Psychographics need to be considered.
2) No Real Difference in Offering. Many people follow the crowd and there is a big problem with that. It can be quite easy to end up in a market where everyone is tripping over each other to do the same thing. I have found a One Page Business Plan is super helpful because it helps you to figure out the points of difference that mafe ALL the difference. Here is a Template for a One Page Business Plan
3) Failure to Communicate Value. Regardless of the platform satisfying the needs of you customer needs to mastered through as least one platform like your website or YouTube or Instagram or Facebook. The key here is to focus on one and get really good at it.
4) Leadership Problems. As the Leader of you affiliate marketing business finding things that you are passionate about and fulfilling works really well. Apart from this there is also the need to plan out your work – this can be done effectively through a project plan.
Project Plan Template –
5) Profitable Business Model. The key here is to choose an affiliate product and program where there is traffic, profitability and something you want to do long term.
If you would like more information on exactly how to fill in these three documents I recommend my podcast
If you want to get even more strategies and tips on being fulfilled in your work, subscribe to my channel right here:
~ created by Quinn of CubicleFree.com